Friday, October 16, 2009

City alive at 04:30 AM

I was taking a 05:30 AM train the other day. The car came to pick me up at 04:30 AM. I was a little anxious to be out on the roads when it did look like night time. Yet as the car drove past the lovely stretch of Kowdiar Palace, I was taken aback and at the same time happy!

The footpath was busy. there were people walking, jogging or catching up with friends! Hey! I am talking of that period of time, much before day break.

And what do you think is the age group of the citizens I saw? They were all above the age of 60! :) We and our children can proudly say, "My grandpa wakes up at 04:00 AM. He is an early riser". What will our grandchildren say about us: our generation? "My grandpa misses his laptop even at daybreak. I see him hunched over his old system but not able to do anything due to stiff fingers. Why can he go for a walk?"

All the people I saw so early in the morning looked healthy and happy. They were taking the pleasure of all positive ions and fresh oxygen. They were enjoying the company of their friends while getting the lovely stretch just for themselves and before it got patched by cars and more people!

I felt a pang of guilt. Had it not been for the train, I would be snoozing under the sheets at 04:30 AM. What would you be doing at 04:30 AM on any regular day? Ditto. Snoozing! :)

1 comment:

Haddock said...

Well observed and well said.
Like they say "we neglect our health to make money and spend that money to mend our health"