Monday, December 22, 2008

Its about astrology and it baffles me....

And am back! This time its about astrology and it baffles me.....

How is mankind believing in planets and stars millions and millions of light years away have an impact on a human being's past, present and future....how can another human being who has also been procreated the natural way just like you and me...with help of a few alphabets in his/her mother tongue predict or rather technically read the past, future and present of an individual!

Oh! yes, now that I have mentioned my line of thoughts on astrology, should also tell you the answer I got from a well-educated, six-digit salary drawing management consultant who is an engineer by profession, loves Urdu poetry and has very good grasp on astrology...I can swear by his readings! (With this, you would know, yours truly too believes in reading horoscope...but is selective when it comes to believing!). He is as young as you and me....he was a complete on-believer in astrology and challenged his uncle who was a trusted astrologer for many....his uncle asked him to understand the science behind astrology and then question or disbelief the science ... since then, his bedside table is stacked with books on astrology and his laptop has folders with horoscopes and readings of those who approach him!

My question on astrology reached him and this is the logic i got from him: "Our body is made of larger percentage of water. Just like how the water bodies are affected by the full-moon and other natural phenomena, the human body too feels the impact of the celestial bodies on it. The effect could be very minor but the culmination of these effects also has impact on behaviour and psychology of human beings. This is what is read in each horoscope. There is a certain position assigned to each planet and stars in the universe. The position is mapped as per certain calculations and once all celestial bodies are put into a map as per the birth time and place of birth, the effect of these bodies on the individual is read or written and a horoscope is prepared". Phew! that was long, wasn't it?


But after this explanation, each time i look up at the moon, stars and the sun... wonder which of them are having what effect on me and when things go bad, I again look at them and ask...which of you is not happy with me? :-)

No comments: