Monday, December 29, 2008

Ghajini ..... iron rods or toothpicks

In one song sequence in Ghajini, there are 7 versions of Aamir Khan appearing together on the screen to the end of a song..I forgot the song and must have got the number of appearances wrong too...don't blame me..there was so much of action, bloodshed and gory scenes, I kind of forgot the good parts of the movie!!! Ah..coming back to the song sequence...well, I wished if I could have just one of them....to be mine... wished all those packs seen on the screen as Aamir took off his shirt becomes mine!! (Sigh!) ....I know its a very naughty thought and in Indian society a married woman should never think of another man (blah...blah...blah...to which my reaction is: YAWN..BLINK)...yeah, I know...but could not help as it was an absolute surprise to see the lanky, thin chocolate boy turn into a truly macho....strong.....handsome (sigh!)....very handsome....charming (sigh!)....extremely charming gentleman (wow!)...who still looks so boyish when he gives that naughty smile! (Compliments comes to an end here).

BUT what baffles me is why on earth did a mature actor like Aamir Khan take so much violence to the screen? What is so great in the story with 80% violence in it...and crude violence...where iron rods are used like toothpicks .... slicing through human bodies as if it were boneless chicken pieces!!! Or boiled vegetables!! Blood flowed like Aquafina water from a bottle....people were killed as if they were mosquitoes!! And this was the most part of the film! The softer part of the movies was shorter too!

Asim could have toned down her acting esp when Aamir meets her for the first time in the studios! But she is pretty...and adorable....got a good figure and if it is her own voice and not dubbed, good grasp of Hindi and its proper accent for a Mallu actor!

Yet, if the sensor board could publish a summary from the director of both Tamil and Hindi that would justify for so much violence, I probably need not have to write about it....not sure what would the world turn out to be if people with memory loss, terror victims, witnesses to crime, rape or injustice take even a small part of this movie into real life!

Hey..lets give the statement that reel influences real life, some merit....Do you agree or disagree (looking to my left and right...and I don't see anybody reading my blog to answer my question!) :) ... Its OK...I am not expecting any visitors either! It is my space but you are always welcome to join me in my space!

No comments: