Sunday, February 1, 2009

Kids on stage are stress-busters!

I did not know I was such a sentimental fool! Of course, I am very sentimental when it comes to matters of the heart... but I saw myself almost on the verge of sobbing with joy, when I saw some 20-odd kids between the age of 3-4 yrs on stage as the curtains went up for my little one's school day. Her dance number was no:11 in the sequence and the first dance was by another annex of her kindergarten. As the curtain went up, I saw all the 20-odd tiny faces smiling at the audience with an innocence of a new-bloom flower! They were saying a thank you to God for having created all the animals, flowers, the moon, sun and stars etc and were genuinely trying to convince God that they meant it with the tiny hands going up as they looked up to the line of - Thank you God... I am sure this particular frame would melt any God or human heart!

I really felt great sitting there as I watched my little one do her twists and steps to Ena-Mean-Dekaa...she too was all amazed at the lights, the song in high volume with a hall full to its capacity! But as the music played, she and her other set of pranksters were unmindful off all these and gave their 100% to the dance...the teachers were seen standing in the wings of the stage trying their level best to prompt their wards about any steps they seem to forget...but none of them wanted any prompting..they were unmindful of the stage but were in a trip of their own till the music stopped...could see all of them stand still and look ahead as the curtain came down!

Every parent should make it a point to be present for their kids' school day, come hell or water. These are moments that you would cherish forever....and they too will feel very good when you narrate these moments to them years later. All parents who are working, pls make it a point not to miss your kids' on stage. You owe a lot to them...and this is something you definitely should be a part of!

I was. Will you be?

No comments: