Sunday, February 22, 2009

You were my senior 16 years back!!

I was in midst of ensuring all the shoes displaced in the BATA showroom, Opp Women's college Vazhuthacaud went back to thier place in proper condition, as my little one was on a trial-spree....shoes of her size as well as mine! As I was putting back the ones I had no mind to buy, I saw a family of four walk into the showroom - Man, Woman and two daughters...and as they were a bit on the heavier side compared to my skeletal frame, I heaved a sigh of relief looking at myself - Phew! I am so much better off than them...slim and can fit into any dress! Lost is such self-centric thoughts, I did not notice the woman of the family that walked in come to me. I looked up as I saw a pair of feet stop by my side...looking straight into my eyes, she asked, "Are you Karthika, who studied in LSN Convent, Ottapalam" .. before I answered in affirmative, I tired to clear the memory clog and tried to place her somewhere of the two years in LSN...was she my batch mate, or my senior...err..mybe a junior...and before I answered she helped me place her...and trust me, what she said was so unbelievable!!! " Am Amrita....I was in Class V when you were in Class X...and i remember you as you were part of Margamkali (A Christian festival dance) and popular in school".....Felt a bit dizzy at her recollection...she was talking of days which were 16 years back....and Amrita was a kid...in 5th grade and I was in 10th!!!!!

I did not wait to ask her why did she recollect me after these many years .... but was happy I was in her memory even after 16 years! And what a memory, Amrita! :)

No comments: